Community Conservation is excited to announce that it seeks a passionate, energetic individual to assist in telling the story of the organization and growing our local and global community of supporters.
We are a very small but growing organization with staff and volunteers who wear many hats, so we seek an individual who is flexible and willing to play an all-hands-on-deck role in our journey to spread our story.
The Communications and Outreach Coordinator has responsibility for
- managing our social media presence, including regular Facebook postings
- participating in fundraising, including fall and spring direct mailing appeals
- coordinating mailings
- maintaining the donor and newsletter databases
- updating the website as needed
- preparing two newsletters per year as well as an annual report
- accomplishing additional tasks as deemed necessary
The ideal candidate for this position is
- a self-starter who can work independently
- a team player
- excited about small non-profits
- creative and experienced in managing and developing social media
- compelled to help Community Conservation tell its unique and important story about positive change on the community level
- committed to moving Community Conservation’s mission forward
The Communications and Outreach Coordinator is currently a part-time position (up to 20 hours per week). Salary is commensurate with experience. The Communications and Outreach Coordinator position is based in Gays Mills and Madison, but can work remotely.
Please submit your resume and three references electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Conservation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit working since 1989 in the U.S. and internationally on community–based conservation projects. Our mission: In order to promote global biodiversity and sustainable land use, Community Conservation catalyzes, facilitates and empowers local people to manage and conserve natural resources within the social, cultural and economic context of their communities.
Please submit your application materials by September 24, 2018.