In this eight-part series, Dr. Rob Horwich shares over 25 years of experience working directly with local communities to save endangered species.
Some of the topics include:
- Case studies: what worked and what didn’t
- Philosophy: how local people can be the solution to conservation problems
- Co-management: balancing power so that everyone is represented
- Trainings: improving the skills and knowledge of local people so they can manage projects themselves
- 10 Steps: what actions should be taken when starting a project
These lectures were recorded by Dr. Horwich before he passed away in 2017. We are so glad that he took the time to share his experience, and hope you find them interesting!
If you are interested in creating or improving community conservation skills within your project or organization, please contact us to discuss opportunities for online or in-person trainings.