Community Conservation Inc. has been catalyzing and supporting community-based organizations since 1989, representing over 200 villages in 14 countries and protecting over 1.24 million acres. We focus our efforts on rare habitats and endangered species, including primates, cranes, tigers, and turtles.
At Community Conservation Inc., we believe that local people are the best stewards of their lands. We promote the highest level of participation by the local community, and encourage the formation of community-based organizations that empower local people to manage their own projects and lands with minimal outside influence.
We act as a catalyst to create community-based organizations in the places where biodiversity is threatened. We bring enthusiasm and information to local residents, highlighting the uniqueness of their area’s forests and wildlife, and then ask for their help to protect them. No community that we have approached has ever said no.
Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director (ED), the Development Director (Director) will spearhead our development efforts. Community Conservation Inc. is a well-established but small nonprofit looking to grow. The ideal individual for this position is motivated and a self-starter, has the ability to multi-task and manage their time, and is flexible and looking to grow with the organization. This is a new part-time (10-20 hours per week) position in the organization and the Director will have the opportunity to build out our development portfolio. Our office is in Viroqua, but staff work from different locations in Wisconsin. We are ideally looking for someone based in the Madison or Viroqua area but are flexible as this position will primarily be remote.
- Develop and execute Community Conservation Inc.’s annual fundraising plan
- Cultivate and secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Create and execute a strategy for securing a large sustained base of annual individual donors
- Oversee the organization of special fundraising events
- Manage Community Conservation Inc.’s donor database
- Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Grant writing
- BA (required), Master’s degree (a plus)
- 3+ years’ experience
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Knowledge of Community Conservation Inc. or a passion for community conservation
Please email all information below, combined into one document, to email@example.com. We hope to fill as soon as possible and will consider applications on a rolling basis.
- A letter describing your qualifications and experience for this position
- A detailed and updated resume
- Three references including their contact information and your relationship to them
Applications will be held in strict confidence. Community Conservation Inc. welcomes and actively encourages a diverse pool of candidates in this search.
In the administration of its employment policies and practices, Community Conservation Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, matriculation, political affiliation, or genetic information.