Community Conservation isn’t just the name of our nonprofit organization, it’s also a whole approach to conservation work.
Since 1989, Community Conservation has:
- Protected over 1.2 million acres
- Catalyzed over 20 community conservation projects
- Influenced the creation of 7 parks
- Helped form 16 local community conservation groups
- Catalyzed regional change in Belize, Assam (India), Nepal, Myanmar and Peru
Community-based conservation is the future of biodiversity protection. It has the best impact over the long term, it is flexible enough to be used in communities all around the world, it is low-cost, and it is empowering to local people.
Make a difference now!